Acceptable Use Policy
1. Unlimited Voice Services. The Customer Agrees to use the unlimited service plans for traditional voice or fax calling of duration comparable to that of an average residential or business customer. The Customer agrees that they will not employ methods, devices or procedures to take advantage of unlimited plans by using the voice or fax services excessively or for means not intended by G12 Communications. Excessive use is defined by G12 Communications as use that substantially exceeds the average call volume or duration used by all other G12 Communications unlimited service plan customers. The following types of services are specifically prohibited and my not be accessed through G12 Communications unlimited voice service plans: excessive local number conference calling, monitoring services, data transmissions, transmissions of broadcasts or transmission of recorded material. G12 has the right to terminate the Customers service or change the Customers service plan if, in its sole discretion, G12 Communications determines that the Customers use of the unlimited plan violates this prohibition or is otherwise “unreasonable” or results in abuse of the unlimited minute service plan.
a. G12 Communications considers the customers use of the Unlimited plan to be “unreasonable” and therefore subject to immediate termination if the Customers:
i. Re-sell, re-brand, re-supply, re-market or commercially exploit the Unlimited service plan, without written consent, in order to aggregate traffic from more than one customer over an “unlimited” line or trunk:
ii. Set up routing functionality such that only outbound long-distance traffic is sent over the Unlimited Service; or
iii. Engage in any other conduct which is fraudulent or results in significant network congestion, or degradation.
b. G12 Communications considers the Customers use of the Unlimited Service plan “abusive” and subject to immediate termination or adjustment if the customer utilizes:
ii. Continuous, repetitive or extensive call forwarding
iii. Continuous call session connectivity
iv. Fax broadcasting
v. Fax blasting
vi. Telemarketing; or
vii. Any other activity that would be inconsistent with reasonable personal, residential and business use that may cause network congestion or jeopardizes the integrity of G12 Communications network.
2. Lawful purposes only. The Customer may use G12 Communications services for lawful purposes only. The Customer may not us the G12 Communications service or equipment in any way that is illegal, improper, or inappropriate. Illegal, improper or inappropriate uses of G12 Communications Services and/or equipment includes:
a. Interfering with the ability to provide service to the customer or other customers, or avoiding the obligation to pay for the service within the time frame designated for payment.
b. Use of the service to threaten, abuse, harass, defame, deceive, defraud, interfere or invade another’s privacy or engage in any similar behavior.
c. Use of the service for: auto-dialing, continuous, repetitive or extensive call forwarding, telemarketing (including charitable or political solicitation or polling), fax or voicemail broadcasting or blasting.
d. Use of the service to: impersonate another person, send bulk unsolicited messages; use data mining techniques, or other automated devices or programs to catalog, download, store, or otherwise reproduce or distribute information from G12 Communications or use any automated means to manipulate the service
e. Use the service for transmitting or receiving any communication or material of any kind which would constitute a criminal offense, give rise to a civil liability, or otherwise violate any applicable local, state, national or international law or encourage conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, give rise to a civil liability, or otherwise violate any applicable local, state, national or international law.
3. Right of Termination. In addition to G12 Communications right to terminate service for non-payment, G12 Communications reserves the right to terminate the Service immediately and without advance notice if G12 Communications, in its sole discretion, believes that the Customer has violated any of the above restrictions, leaving the customer responsible for the full months charges to the end of the current term, including without limitation unbilled charges, plus a disconnect fee, all of which immediately become due and payable.
4. Monitoring. G12 Communications may monitor the use of the customers’ service for violations of this agreement. G12 Communications may without liability, remove or block all communications if G12 Communications suspects a violation of this agreement, or if G12 Communications finds it necessary to protect the Services or the company.
5. Providing information to authorities and third parties. If G12 Communications believes that the customer has used the Service for unlawful purposes, G12 Communications may forward the relevant communication and other information, including the customers identity, to the appropriate authorities for investigation and prosecution. The Customer consents to the forwarding of any such communications and information to the authorities. In addition, G12 Communications may disclose the customers’ personal information, any communications sent or received by the customer, and any other information that G12 Communications may have about the customers’ account, including but not limited to, types of service, length of service, MAC addresses, IP addresses, email addresses, registered 911 address, and all other account information, as follows: in response to law enforcement or other governmental agency requests; as required by law, regulation, rule, subpoena, search warrant, or court order; as necessary to identify, contact, or bring legal action against someone who may be misusing the Service; to protect G12 Communications rights and property; or in emergency situation where disclosure of such information is necessary to protect G12 Communications, customers or third parties from imminent harm.
6. Use of Service or Telephone Device by Customer Outside of the United States. G12 Communications service is designed to originate calls within the United States and work with unencumbered high-speed Internet connections. If the high-speed internet connection is not within the G12 Communications service area or the ISP or broadband provider places restrictions on using VoIP services, G12 Communications does not represent they will allow you to use the service. The customer will be solely responsible for any violations of local laws and regulations or violations of ISP and broadband provider terms of service because of the customers’ use of the service. All use of G12 Communications service to or from areas outside the United States is at your own risk
7. No Transfer of Service. The customer may not resell or transfer the G12 Communications service to anyone else without first obtaining prior written consent.
8. No Alterations or Tampering. If the customer copies or alters or has someone else copy or alter the firmware or software of the equipment or devise in any way that facilitates a compromise of the Service, the customer is responsible for any charges that result. The customer may not attempt to hack or otherwise disrupt the Service or make any use of the Service that is inconsistent with it intended purpose.
9. Theft of Service. The customer may not use or obtain the Service in any manner that avoids G12 Communications policies and procedures, including an illegal or improper manner. The customer will notify G12 Communications immediately in writing if the customer believes the Service is stolen, used fraudulently, or otherwise being used in an unauthorized manner. If the customer notifies G12 Communications of one of these events, the customer must provide an account number and a detailed description of the circumstances of theft, fraudulent use, or unauthorized use of the Service. If the customer fails to notify G12 Communications in writing in a timely manner, G12 Communications may disconnect the Service and levy additional charges on the Customer. Until the Customer notifies G12 Communications in writing of the fraudulent use or stolen service, the Customer will remain liable for all use of the Service up through the date the notice is received by G12 Communications.
10. Revisions to this Acceptable Use Policy. G12 Communications reserves the right to revise, amend, or modify this AUP at any time and in any manner. Any revision, amendment, or modification will be effective ten (10) days after G12 Communications publishes such revision, amendment, or modification. Your continued use of our services after such revision, amendment, or modification shall constitute your acceptance of the modifications to this AUP. Therefore, it is important that you review this AUP from time to time. If you have questions about the AUP, or about your rights and responsibilities as a G12 Communications customer, please contact us at support@G12com.com.
IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO CHECK THIS WEBSITE REGULARLY, AS ALL OR ANY PART OF THIS AUP MAY CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE.